The Playing Drill application is intended to improve playing skill in common borderline playing situations (e.g.Soft 18 versus Ace). When a correct move is made, the blink light flashes green and adds one point to the Player score. If an incorrect move is made, the blink light flashes red and adds one point to the House score.
There are two types of practice drills available including those loaded from
a practice drill file (which a player can create or modify) or ones created
dynamically from the menu of playing strategies available.
File Menu - Executes the Playing Drill application.
Practice Drill File - begins a practice drill from a selection of all available practice drill files (*.dck). K-O BlackJack includes two playing drill files: Basic (basic.dck) which contains 20 or so tricky playing situations found in the DA2, H17 game and K-O Preferred (K-O Preferred.dck) which contains all of the 17 playing deviations for the K-O Preferred strategy.
Random Strategy Drill - allows the player to begin a practice drill from a selection of all the available playing strategies (e.g. K-O Rookie, K-O Preferred, Flat Bettor).
Create/Modify Drill- allows the player to create or modify a practice
To Modify a practice deck:
1. Load the file you wish to modify (File/Load)
2. To delete a line click on the line in the editor and hit "Delete Line"
3. To add new lines to the file, select the player hand, dealer up card, count and correct move from the pull down menu and then hit the add line button.
4. To save the file, use File/Save.
To create a New practice deck:
1. Select the player hand, dealer up card, count
and correct move from the pull down menu and then hit the add line button.
The player can add up to 50 moves per file.
2. Save the file using File/Save.